After more than a year of (apparent) inactivity a new version of Eat the Whistle
has been released!
This version is mostly a cleanup of the codebase that has been largely improved. A lot of stability bugs have been fixed, most compiler warnings have been removed and so on (read the body of this article for details).
This release is available with a binary installer for Windows
(95 to Vista), MacOSX
(10.3.9+, universal binary) and Linux
(almost every distro, uses Autopackage
as binary installer). This version is also the first one with AROS
support (in alpha stage).
Detailed list of the changes:
- Moved development to SVN from CVS.
- Improved file access endian-safe code.
- Optimized image loading/blitting
- Removed a pair of memory leaks
- Fixed a bug in replay handling that caused replay "weirdness" or crash in some situations
- Fixed a problem with audio initialization that could crash the game while starting or ending a match
- Most of the structs/variables/comments that was in italian has been translated in english. Actually the code is also easier to be contributed.
- The linux version now uses autopackage as packaging method and binreloc to find his datas.
- Improved OSX distribution
- Fixed a problem in Win32 uninstall procedure
- Added support and a makefile to build ETW on AROS operating system.
Posted Tuesday 20 May 2008 - 17:00 (read 11206 times)
Latest news about this argument Eat the Whistle FREE available on Apple Store!
(25/03/2013 - 10:39) read 7097 times Eat the Whistle available on Google Play
(01/03/2013 - 18:10) read 4767 times Eat the Whistle available on the App Store
(02/02/2013 - 12:19) read 4616 times Double Spider on iOS AppStore!
(25/05/2011 - 15:06) read 20502 times Eat The Whistle 3.6 released!
(20/05/2008 - 17:00) read 11206 times GGMud 0.8.0 released
(06/12/2007 - 15:52) read 13925 times Eat the Whistle webpage opened!
(02/09/2007 - 17:55) read 10302 times GGMud webpage opened!
(29/08/2007 - 19:14) read 12602 times
All the news about this argument