|After more than a year of (apparent) inactivity a new version of Eat the Whistle has been released!|
This version is mostly a cleanup of the codebase that has been largely improved. A lot of stability bugs have been fixed, most compiler warnings have been removed and so on (read the body of this article for details).
This release is available with a binary installer for Windows (95 to Vista), MacOSX (10.3.9+, universal binary) and Linux (almost every distro, uses Autopackage as binary installer). This version is also the first one with AROS support (in alpha stage).
Detailed list of the changes:
- Moved development to SVN from CVS.
- Improved file access endian-safe code.
- Optimized image loading/blitting
- Removed a pair of memory leaks
- Fixed a bug in replay handling that caused replay "weirdness" or crash in some situations
- Fixed a problem with audio initialization that could crash the game while starting or ending a match
- Most of the structs/variables/comments that was in italian has been translated in english. Actually the code is also easier to be contributed.
- The linux version now uses autopackage as packaging method and binreloc to find his datas.
- Improved OSX distribution
- Fixed a problem in Win32 uninstall procedure
- Added support and a makefile to build ETW on AROS operating system.